We've been officially waiting 6 months!
(and that doesn't include the 4 months of paperchasing). Realistically, it could be up to a year more until we are matched with our daughter. The current estimated wait time continues to be 12-18 months. That's a LONG wait. I can rationalize it until the cows come home....the boys will be older, Blake will be in preschool, the wait ultimately is what it's supposed to be and leads us to our daughter. Nonetheless, I am by nature an impatient person so it's not easy! I hereby dedicate these mileposts to all the good memories we've built during that time. So what's happened the last 6 months? A whole lot of good times!
- Spencer turned 4!
- Many trips to our family's beach cabin - building sand castles, digging in the sand, making forts, catching crabs, riding bikes, throwing rocks, campfires and s'mores ...endless fun for the boys and spending time with family and friends
- A trip to the ocean - more of the above!
- A visit from my sister who lives in Europe
- Fun in the sun in Arizona
- Visits to the Zoo
- A trip to Portland to see family
- Waterpark fun
- Countless hours playing outside and having the best summer weather
- Meeting new Ethiopian friends
- Lots of fun with family and friends
- Getting to see your children grow into remarkable little people who are happy and enthusiastic about life
So much to be thankful for...so much to cherish, today.